It is great for any adult to be well-prepped in any survival scenario whether that be in the wilderness or an urban setting. But what if you have a child in your family? What if a worse possible thing happens and your child gets separated while on a steep trail? Would they have the equipment and knowledge to survive until help arrives? In any case, it is best to include into your essentials list a well-packed kids’ survival kit.
CHECK THE PRICE
CHECK THE PRICE
BEST WATER FILTER
CHECK THE PRICE
At A Glance: Kids Survival Kit Essentials
G4Free Lightweight Packable Shoulder Backpack
Shining Buddy LED Headlamp
Sawyer Mini Water Filter
Welly Kids Bravery Badges
Quaker Big Chewy Granola Bars
As capable as any adult prepper can handle any survival gear that includes knives and fire starters, kids, on the other hand, have different needs. A kids survival kit can help keep them occupied and even survive a stressful outdoor situation.
Let’s take a look at this fun, yet life-saving items to include in your kids survival kit essentials list.
- Foldable & Lightweight– Minimalist Designed.
- Roomy 20L Capacity–Keep things organized.
- Durable & Tear Resistant– Made with high quality water and tear abrasion resistant water-resistant coated Nylon material with SBS metal zipper.
- Versatile for the Trips–Ultra-lightweight. Ultra-durable.
5 out of 5
This convenient and lightweight backpack is a perfect companion large enough but child-friendly to fit in and carry pieces of gear in their survival kit essentials list. It is made with premium quality nylon material for water and tear-resistance. Its abrasion-resistant SBS metal-zippered compartments keep your child’s survival kit intact and secure. It has two large side pockets to put a water bottle, a few energy bars, or a small first aid kit. This backpacks foldable feature makes it ideal for minimalist preppers and kids.
- Lightweight. Designed and built to help you get your kids survival kit essentials in.
- Convenient. Folds up into a small built-in pouch for easy storage in your car or backpack.
- Great Capacity. The main compartment is spacious enough to carry a variety of survival gear items and supplies without weighing your little one down on the go. Its pockets are great for quick access for a small water bottle, an energy bar, or a toy.
- Durability. Made with water and tear-resistant nylon material for long-lasting performance with minimal weight.
- Comfort. Its wide padded breathable mesh shoulder strap makes an easy carry for kids.
- It comes in a variety of colors.
- Several straps and bungee cords are great features for carrying more gear.
- Not as large and sturdy as the more expensive tactical or bushcraft backpacks, but ideal for kids survival kit essentials and minimalist preppers.
Verdict: This 20L backpack is designed and made out of high-quality water and tear-resistant nylon material with padded breathable mesh shoulder straps to hold, organize, and carry kids survival kit essentials.
- 4 SETTINGS: High beam, low beam, red beam & red flashing
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT, Non-Bobbing:
- HANDS-FREE LIGHT Whenever You Need It. Shines ultra-bright (110 Lumens) and bulb lasts up to 100,000 hours.
- 100% SATISFACTION, MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
5 out of 5
It’s hard to navigate through the harsh wilderness especially during the night without light. And the Shining Buddy LED Headlamp is an obvious bit of gear to include in your kid’s survival kit essentials list. This ultra-bright and lightweight LED headlamp is powered by three AAA Batteries to beam up to four light settings – high, low, red beam, and red strobe. It is made with an IPX5 rating to resist shock and harsh weather conditions. It also features an easy-to-wear non-slip adjustable strap.
- Lightweight. Only weighs 2.6 ounces, but it does not wobble.
- Stylish. A cool kids survival kit item that stands out with its unique and ultra-bright non-slip strap colors and designs.
- Ultra-bright. 110-lumen bulb beams in high, low, red, and flashing light modes. Bulb lasts up to 100,000 hours.
- Price. Great Cree headlamp quality for less cost.
- Durable. Weather and shock resistant with an IPX5 rating.
- It comes with 3 AAA batteries.
- It swivels down 45 degrees.
- Need to cycle through all light modes to turn it off.
Verdict: With great quality and versatility, the Shining Buddy LED Headlamp is one of the coolest kids survival kit items to keep handy in case of emergency. It is made to withstand rough weather conditions and give you the lighting power you need. Quality headlamp for a good price.
Water Purifying Filter
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, protozoa and microplatics
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons
4 out of 5
Depending on your location and the environment you may find yourself in, water could be dangerous to drink, especially for a young child. Staying hydrated is crucial in a survival situation. Water bottles can be hefty for kids, but the Sawyer Mini Water Filter can keep things simple and light for a kid’s survival kit, and compact to fit even in your child’s palm. It has a 0.1-micron absolute hollow fiber membrane that’s very effective for removing bacteria and other water contaminants. You could carry out a fun experiment to show your child how the gear works to make sure they have the knowledge to use it when needed.
- It is very compact and lightweight – weighs only 3 ounces.
- Easy and effective backflushing system.
- No moving parts to break.
- Incredible lifespan up to 100,000 gallons of water.
- No filter cartridges are needed to fill and change.
- Takes quite a long time to fill up the water bag.
- Must keep the backflushing adapter on hand for cleaning.
- The water reservoir that comes with the Sawyer MINI is very small. It takes at least two rounds or more of fill-and-filter to fill a medium-sized water bottle.
Verdict: A trade-off. The Sawyer MINI makes a slow filtering process but very compact and simple water filtration gear on a budget.
- Has 48 fabric bandages in two standard sizes
- Premium flexible fabric bandages move with your kids’ every bounce, hop, and skip
- Durable, stackable tin packaging
- Polyester, Cotton, Latex Free
4 out of 5
Something your child may not use much but is basic and sensible to put in his or her kids survival kit essentials list. After all, you may end up stranded outdoors with your kid too. This Welly Kids Bravery Badges kit comes in a durable, stackable tin case that includes 48 fabric bandages in two standard sizes. Its fun monster patterns and colors will help kids to cope with injury trauma. Definitely a great kid’s first aid kit to fit in a backpack, a car glove box, or a diaper bag.
- It comes in three colorful mighty monster patterns that bring your kid more fun.
- Durable, portable tin fits well in any bug out bag size. It can also be repurposed, reused, recycled, or make it as a collectible.
- Premium flexible fabric bandages that stick and stay with your kid’s every move.
- These latex-free bandage seals cuts and scratches on all sides to keep out from germs and dirt.
- Each pack includes 48 bandages in two standard sizes to treat and cover small cuts to some bruises.
- Bandages are made from cotton fabric and so they are very absorbent. They stay wet for some time when the user washes the affected area of the body.
Verdict: These fun bandages are very affordable and great to have in your kids survival kit. It gets the job done especially for clumsy and cute little ones to wear like badges of honor.
- Includes 58 individually wrapped granola bars you can enjoy
- Features 12 chocolate chip, 12 peanut butter chocolate chip, and 10 s’mores flavor Chewy granola bars, plus 12 chocolate chip and 12 peanut butter flavor Chewy Dipps chocolate covered granola bars
- Made with real rich chocolate, indulgent peanut butter-flavored chips, and toasted granola
- Packed with 8 grams of 100% whole grains per bar. No high-fructose corn syrup
4.5 out of 5
Just as you need enough fuel to keep you going in survival mode, food will also give your kids energy to sustain them for a lot of activities. The Quaker Chewy & Chewy Dipps comes in a variety pack of specially-made nutritious granola bars that contain 16 grams of 100% whole grains topped with delicious chocolate, peanut butter, or vanilla drizzle. It also comes in oatmeal raisin, and s’mores variants, among others. Food is basic and important, and Quaker Big Chewy Granola Bars are ideal to include in your kids survival kit essentials list. However delightful these granola bars are, the biggest challenge for kids though is to not eat them all at once. This is something you can handle the best.
- A top-selling trusted brand at an affordable price range.
- It comes in a variety of delicious flavors to snack on.
- These premium granola bars are made with all-natural ingredients. No high-fructose corn syrup, artificial preservatives, artificial colors, or added colors.
- Sold in boxes and not in loose packets.
- No trans fats.
- These snack bars are quite sticky.
- It contains low in fiber compared to other options, according to some consumers.
- These bars are quite small which makes it nonideal for meal replacement.
Verdict: Your kids and your whole family can get a bunch of these nutritious granola bars without spending a lot of money. A great bargain for a fun treat, but better for you and your kids.
Getting out with your kids is fun, but getting out of an emergency with your kids takes on a whole different experience.
As any good parent knows, teaching your child how to be prepared and knowing how to use all items in your kid’s survival kit essentials list is always great advice when taking any emergency seriously. It is best to talk to and to go over showing your kids the function of each gear in their kit. Including fun activities while sharing your prepper knowledge may help them acquire survival skills and increase their awareness and survivability for when a disaster strikes.
PEOPLE WHO VISIT THIS PAGE ALSO SEARCHED FOR: